Saturday, August 8, 2015

Casting A Long Shadow

From the right perspective I may appear to cast a long shadow but it is merely an illusion.  Follow the shadow to its source and you will find that it starts from the same road you travel.

Between friends, family, and internet-based friends I hear a lot of "I wish I could be as fast as you" and "You are so much faster/better than I am, I'm jealous".  We hear a lot of people say similar things often (sometimes even say it ourselves), that they wish they could measure up to professional athletes or celebrities: people whom we perceive as being greater than ourselves.  The pros are like me and I am like you, we all are just trying to do the best we can at the moment and hopefully make some type of improvement for tomorrow.  

Draw inspiration from those who are currently ahead of you on this road: hard work put us here at this time and it will get you to the same place in your time.  Know in your heart that you too can go beyond the illusionary boundaries that pessimism has established.


No comments:

Post a Comment